Friday, July 31, 2009

Searching for inspiration

What inspires you? Me, I've been having some trouble with this lately. I'm not sure if it's because of summer and all the enticement of sun and fun or just plain too much else to do. So, maybe it's time to list some things that have inspired me in the past! Yeah, that's it!

1. Giggles from my granddaughter(wouldn't YOU be inspired from her giggles?)
2. My wonderful children that ask - can't YOU make this mom, PLEASE?
3. Walking through stores & basking in color combos and design lines
4. Sitting outside by the ravine, looking at textures of plants and trees
5. Playing the piano and feeling the music in my soul
6. Looking through decorating magazines
7. Playing with the color wheel on the Sherwin Williams paint site
8. Pin swatches on design wall, & glancing at them every time I walk by
9. Going to the little yarn store and touching new yarns
10. Going for a brisk walk

Sometimes, I've found you just can't rush a great idea. My brain just needs the time to work it out. The more I deliberately try to design something, the harder it becomes. Weird, but that's how it is for me. I can't wait to share with you in a few days the wonderful new design I've worked out - just writing this post has helped me remember how to be inspired and I have a NEW design coming!

SO, what inspires you to do what you love?



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

  1. Everybody has problems with this sometimes. What works best for me is to just get on with it, already.

    Just think of it as priming the pump.

    That almost always works, but on the rare occasion when it doesn't, I do something that requires only muscle memory (ironing, taking a bath, etc.) This frees my mind to go where it needs to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Ironing....well, I don't think so. But I'll go along with you on the take a bath part - or maybe a glass of wine or two. But actually, reading your blog is something I enjoy too. The hysterical laughing seems to be a good release. :)

    ReplyDelete