Monday, August 3, 2009

Remember that new design I was working on?

Well, guess what?! It's done! It combines the three things I love the most - knit, crochet and sewing all in one finished project. I'm really proud of this new purse design and hopefully everyone else will like it too! I've had this crocheted piece for almost a year now, I was practicing doing cables in crochet and just loved how it looked. I took it out of the stash cabinet about a month ago so I could look at it every now and then. And then...well, it came to me - the perfect project for it!

This first picture is with the drawstring closed.



This second picture is with the drawstring open, the purse can be used whichever way YOU prefer.




This purse is sewn in 100% linen fabric in taupe, double stitched seams and triple stitched handles for added strength and durability. The drawstring is a hand knitted I-cord with fabric slider holders. Drawstring ends can be left outside to attach cell phone holders etc. to, or can be tucked inside. Then I added a hand crocheted cover hand sewn on with blind stitching to the outside of the purse. It also has a tabbed closure with a heavy duty magnetic snap closure and one inside pocket. It's fully lined and stabilized with fusible fleece interfacing. It's 11" tall, 12" wide, with a 4" gusset and a 24" handle (12" drop). Not too big, not too small - just great for every day!

I am enjoying using the sample for this project, but it's WHITE and won't be offered in my store in white. LOL But I am listing the one pictured here and one in black in my store!




Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment