Monday, February 8, 2010

Fleece Hats and Felted Flower Brooches

There have been some fabulous sales at the fabric store this winter. Of course fleece fabrics have been at the top of the list of discounted items. So, I decided to make more hats this year. Last year I made them for some service people that brave the cold to make my store successful - the USPS carriers! Friends and family received some, and I decided to offer some in the store also. But a plain hat is just well, too plain. So I took some balls of wool I had here and some beads I'd made a year or so ago and decided to make felted flower pins! I made some to put on my felted purses a few years ago, so I had some idea of how to make them. I knit swatches with all the colors I had while watching my favorite TV shows, machine felted them and then started cutting and hand sewing. It's so much fun watching them come alive!

My friend Mikan bought the first hat listed in the shop. She liked it and sent along a few pictures!


And so did her son Wyatt. hahaha He wore it all day. (what a great bribery picture for later eh?) Isn't he just the sweetest?!


Mikan loves pins, so with inspiration and ideas from her I've kept working on them. Here's some available in the shop, aren't they pretty? THANK YOU for inspiring me Mikan!


No comments:

Post a Comment