Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Thread, thread, thread


A few years ago, I quit buying the popular Coats and Clark thread. I've used it most of my sewing life, but something changed with it. I don't have a clue what it was, but I was nothing but disappointed in how it performed. Now I mainly use Gutermann threads - they work beautifully 100% of the time!

Okay, I'll admit it....this picture looks similar to how I keep my sewing thread. Yep, I'm coming out of the closet on this. For a reason though... I found this really cool tutorial on how to make a thread rack. So, I'm making one. It's an easy "girl" project, woohoo! So not only did I throw out all my C&C thread a few years ago, now I'm going to throw out my basket storage system - my thread will be so happy! When I've finished it I'll make a new post linking to the tutorial and showing you pictures of mine. I'm excited!

Now, C&C's is made in Mexico. Gutermann is made in Germany. Is there a sewing thread, high quality, that is made in the USA? If you know, can you share?

Wish me luck. All I'll be using is a small hand saw and glue, but one never knows. QUIT LAUGHING.

No comments:

Post a Comment