Monday, August 8, 2011

Motivation Monday

"In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure." Bill Cosby


Have you ever had that great concept for a new craft project...and then just never did it. Did you give up because you weren't sure it would work, or did you give up because you just lost focus on it? I found that the later was my problem but I have several friends that found the first was theirs. I think the same solution can work for both problems. A few years ago I started keeping little notes, well...you can imagine how well that worked out. LOL Little pieces of paper everywhere with no rhyme or reason to them. Then I decided that because I had a nice fabric stash that maybe that would help. Hey, how about making a journal to keep it all in? YEAH, a solution! I make all my notes in the journal and then I pin fabric or yarn samples I'm interested in there. I make sure and flip through it every day and also keep it close - it's amazing where the solution to some problem I was having with the mechanics of it all just happens to pop into my mind! That's why I think the journal situation would help ALL of us - because there IS no fear if you've taken the time to work out all the kinks and you can't lose focus if you keep all your ideas in one place. Tomorrow I'll be sharing a great tutorial I found for making YOUR journal!


No comments:

Post a Comment